Friday, April 13, 2007

Teaching Freemotion Quilting


“Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.” –Koestler

So I got to teach a freemotion quilting class last week. It was actually very fun. I think that once people see how I do what I do, they'll say "Oh that's all. Wow I can do that too!"

It really is fun and I love it.

I was also given the opportunity to quilt for a fabric designer. Such an honor! I was thrilled and I wanted to jump up and down. Talk about pressure! Get back to work Vivian, that's an order! Focus, focus!

2 comments:

Granny Fran said...

Gorgeous! I wish I lived close enough to take a class from you. I must learn to do free motion quilting to accomplish what I want to with my quilts. What machine do you use?

laura west kong said...

Simply beautiful quilting! I practice freemotion from time to time in hopes that someday I'll figure it out.