Saturday, June 7, 2008

Working Hard...Then Hardly Working

My second bad head cold of the spring has hit me once again. Is it my imagination or am I really getting run down? I have felt it coming on for a few days now and then Fri. it hit me like a freight train! I don't even remember the day. I slept most of the day on my living room sofa with a box of tissues and the TV remote close by. Occasionally I would get up and let the Purse Dog out and I'd eat a little, but I litterally slept all day. I have an entire day that I cannot account for. Perhaps I was abducted by aliens. Isn't that what they say happens? You have a period of time you cannot account for. Aliens or maybe it was the Nyquil! I think I'm on the mend now. I did manage to prepare a quilt to work on tomorrow. It will be the beautiful sampler quilt you see below. I was able to find the strength to put it up and wind some of the bobbins.

Last week I worked hard on Heather Bailey's quilt and now it's time to get moving on all the rest of my customers quilts that need to get done. I worked so hard and then I'm hardly working at all! I'm hardly moving at all! Poor Purse Dog had to play alone. Here she is with her Weazel Ball. Hours of entertainment! No, actually she wasn't in the mood to play with it either!

"You talkin' to me?"

Speaking of working...let me tell you a story about Daughter #2. Many years ago she was cast to play in a sci-fi movie. Days before the shoot she was to report to wardrobe and be fit for this outfit. She was a child in a mining camp. Then on the day of the shoot, I drove her to the location. It was way up north of LA, in a canyon that apparently looked like a distant planet. We parked our car and a van was waiting to transport us up the canyon. Well, she prepared and waited and waited. They even put movie "dirt" on her. It sorta looked like shoe polish, if you ask me. Well, hours went by and we waited and waited. They were behind schedule filming. Just as she was to go on, the director decided not to use her and another child who was also waiting. It was a long day just waiting. Well, she got paid the same, as if she had worked, but didn't even get on camera. I guess that's show biz. Sometimes in Hollywood you get paid for doing nothing!

But that's not how it is with me. I only get paid for working! Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and I'll be able to get back on schedule.

I hope you all are having a better weekend than I've been having! Take care!

3 comments:

Summerset said...

Hope you're feeling better soon and back to quilting!

Suzanne said...

Feel better....lots of liquids!

I enjoyed the Heather Bailey posts. You do beautiful work!

Suzanne

SS said...

Oh the little lamb needs me to play with her!
Get better already!