Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What a difference the feathers make!

My last post was about what a difference the fabric makes, so today I see what a difference the feathers make! This quilt is cute. (Of course I would think that with a name like Vivian Love!) I took a picture of it before I began quilting. Then took a picture of my quilting...still in the process. I took a class in Thousand Oaks, CA from a visiting instructor named Kim Brunner. Her feathers are awesome. This is the first chance I've had to try them out. I'm enjoying it so much! The difference between these feathers and others I used to do is that these are 'formal feathers.' They look like the kind I used to do by hand. Kim showed me how to do them freehand on the longarm! Fun, fun, fun!

3 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

Great job! I absolutely adore feathers (and over the top feathers in particular (my name for them...)). Kimmy does beautiful work, doesn't she?

Anonymous said...

Your feathers are beautiful and a prefect compliment for this quilt.

Kay said...

So beautiful, and you're right, they make such a difference to the quilt. It's amazing what even the most basic gird quilting does for a quilt if there's lots of it. And quilting like yours is spectacular.