Thursday, March 22, 2007

What a difference the fabric makes!


Two friends pieced the same quilts with different choices of fabrics. Hard to believe these are the same blocks. The two friends' personalities are so different as well! It certainly shows!
It feels like Spring here in southern California. It's days like these that I feel so fortunate to live here in Orange County. We had some rain yesterday, so the smog got washed away. The sky is blue and you can see Catalina Island today. (Actually, I never say we have smog...it's called "marine layer"...it's just that sometimes it's brown marine layer!)
I've started Weight Watchers. It's ok and I don't feel like I'm starving. That's the worst! It sure has made me realize that I eat without thinking. I'm trying to write it all down. The first week I lost 2 lbs and then the next week I gained one. So I guess I'm still coming out ahead. I will try my very best this week to stick to it! After all, I don't want to be the dumpy, mother-of-the-bride in July! Too bad I don't look like a Real Housewife of Orange County! :) Where's my botox!

1 comment:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

I love to see how different the same block can look with different fabric choices. Congratulations, too, on the upcoming wedding!