Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Illusionist

I am an illusionist these days. I portray myself as a calm, cool, and collected Mother-of-the-Bride. But now we're down to the final countdown here. I still have so much to do. Last night as my DH and I had dinner out with Daughter #2, I looked at the clock and said to her, "Look it's 7:30. Do you realize that one week from now at 7:30, you'll be tossing your bouquet?"

Here is another way I am an illusionist...

My DH and I went to a Christmas party the other night. The hostess asked all the wives to bring a plate of cookies. Instead I brought an assortment of cakes. This is what it looked liked. I tried to make it look pretty. I wanted guests to think these were all made from scratch. They think I'm Martha Stewart. Shhh! Don't tell.






Here's the truth...










People still ate them anyway. The bakery at Stater Bros. did a great job! Yummy!


And here's another way I am an illusionist:

Lately I've been quilting lots of fleece blankets. (yes, I'm still trying to keep up with my quilting business...trying to earn money for the wedding.) These fleece blankets make great Christmas gifts. One woman ordered 15! She's giving them to all her children, grandchildren, her gardener, her cleaning lady, her manicurist, and her massage therapist!

She thinks I'm such an artist. Shhh! Don't tell. On this one I just quilted the flowers that were printed on the fleece fabric.










Now this illusionist has to get back to work!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Laugh-out-loud! You have learned many tricks, girlfriend. I applaud you. I'm sure the wedding went off without a problem!