Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tagged and Thawing Out!

I just got back from Utah. I froze, but everyone kept saying "Lovely weather we're having, don't you think?" They weren't kidding! I thought they were all crazy. I wore my warmest coat and layers of sweaters. Wow! I sure have thin blood!

I was able to stay one night with Daughter #1 and her husband and see their first home. It's very nice and cozy and cute. Now....let me ask you something. Do you see something wrong with this picture? I see it. Look closely. Yes, that's right. It's a clean kitchen. It's Daughter #1's clean kitchen. The whole house was clean and neat and tidy! This is the home of a daughter who I could never get to do the dishes or make her bed or clean her room. She's really grown up. Typical, isn't it? When our children have to keep their own houses clean (and not Mom and Dad's), they will do it. We really enjoyed our visit. They are happy. And they don't think it's so cold up there.
Now I'm back and thawing out and counting down until Daughter #2's wedding. Now it's panic time!

But first...a meme. (and it's a meme with links, too!)

I was tagged by Jody, The Carolina Quilter, so here goes:

4 Jobs I've had:
1. A cashier at Carl's Jr.
2. An extra in a movie, with one line, "Amen." (and I screwed it up, can you believe it?)
3. A "bean counter" for a mergers and acquisitions company. (yep, that's right, always counting other people's money!)
4. A shoe sales girl for Thom McAn (are they even in business anymore?)

4 Films I watch over and over:
1. Shopgirl (and it's my favorite book too!)
3. The Family Stone (and any other Diane Keaton movie!...I also recommend Marvin's Room!)
4. LA Story (and any other Steve Martin screenplay!)

4 TV Shows I watch:
2. Martha Stewart (who quilted that quilt on the Nov. 15th episode? I wonder.)
3. Family Guy (yes I know you consider it low-brow humor, but we all need a good laugh!)
4. Anything Daughter #2 is on.

4 Places I have lived:
2. Roswell, New Mexico (were my neighbors aliens?)
4. Utah (and of course I froze the entire time!)

4 favorite foods:
2. Pizza
3. Ice cream
4. Anything at Pickup Stix

4 favorite colors:
1. Blue
2. Red
3. White
4. Green

4 places I would love to be right now
1. Enjoying the bright lights of Times Square. (my favorite vacation was NYC)
2. Wading in the Meditteranean Sea off the Costa del Sol.
3. Snorkeling at Xel-ha near Cancun, Mexico.
4. Taking a nap with The Purse Dog cuddled up at my side.
.
4 names I love but would not use for my own children:
1. Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow's baby)
2. Kal-el (Nicholas Cage's baby)
3. Fifi-Trixibel (Sir Bob Geldof's baby)
4. Saffron-Sahara (Simon LeBon's baby)
.
4 People I would love to tag with this Meme:
1. Stacy in California
2. Kara in Idaho
3. Kazia in California
4. Diane in Tennessee

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

How funny that your daughter is neat and tidy now. I guess I can hold out hope for my oldest. My youngest is already a neatnick. Loved your meme -- very interesting to read!