Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Day Like Any Other

Today I turned 30 again....at least according to Daughter #2. Read about it here: Seis De Mayo.
Before my DH left for work he asked, "So what are you going to do today on your birthday?" I said, "I'm going to do whatever I want. I'm going to eat whatever I want, and quilt and just have fun." He said, "So it's going to be a day like any other?" It's true. I really am spoiled! Every day I do whatever I want! I do have fun!

You know, you get to a certain age and birthdays really are no big deal. I wouldn't mind skipping them all together. Would that make me stay 30?

What did I do today? I quilted this pretty thing:
Don't you love it?
A lovely springtime quilt.
It was this lady's first quilt ever! Can you believe it? She's a natural!
I enjoyed quilting it for her very much!
And then I recalled one of my favorite birthdays ever. My 40th. (Wait a minute! How did I celebrate my 40th when I turned 30 today???...you figure it out!) For my 40th my handsome, darling husband rented me a brand new Jaguar and took me to dinner (I drove!) at Joe's Crab Shack in Newport Beach. Later we went to a concert to see Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Survivor (not the show, the band!) It was an awesome weekend. That saddest part was when I had to give back the Jaguar!

So today I just took it easy and quilted and put in some favorite DVD's...LA Story, Under The Tuscan Sun and Pride and Prejudice, 2005. These are all DVD's I can have playing and can quilt at the same time.
Side note: I must remain loyal to the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice too. Oh, Colin Firth, I remain your most loyal fan! I better watch that one tonight. That would complete my day!
But...when I get to this part of Pride and Prejudice 2005, I always stop everything and drool. You see, this Mr. Darcy has "bewitched me!" Enjoy:



10 comments:

Vicki W said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! I love that quilt and I totally agree about P&P. My Mom and I watched the 05 version this weekend and it was very disappointing. Not only is Colin Firth ALWAYS Mr. Darcy for me but this version had way too many "stare into space and play music" scenes. They seemed to try to make Elizabeth a modern woman instead of staying true to the character that Jane Austin developed. JMHO though.

chook said...

Happy Birthday
I am so glad you got to do the things you love today
Hugs Beth

Charlotta-love said...

Happy Birthday! ...and I want to turn 40 in style like you. I've got a few years to plan. :o)

Mark and Stefani McCune said...

happy birthday to you! happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Vivian! happy birthday to youuuuu!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! You know, we're only a year apart? I just turned 29 again!

Love you! P.S. What a pretty quilt.

Evaly said...

Happy Birthday! Beautiful quilt! It's so fun to see what you've been up to.

dee said...

Many Many Happy Returns Dear Vivian. This year I will have celebrated my
30th-30 times and I chuckled at your special day. I'm the same. I am blessed to spend each day as I wish. That's the best gift you could give me. By the way, Colin Firth.....sigh
Sweet quilt!

Suzanne said...

A very happy b-day to you, V. I love the Spring quilt...beautiful! I need to find the P & P 2005 version...I don't know who Colin Firth is...at least, I don't I do!

Suzanne

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ms. Vivian! A fabulous birthday for a fabulous quilter!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday V...glad you had a good day. You really do beautiful work...maybe someday I'll make one and send it to you to quilt...(don't hold you breath however:)

Anonymous said...

I fеlt like your articlе was timely and reⅼevant.

Thank you exceedingly for cгeating this trove of information; if moгe people wrote time-worthy and intelligent musings,
I gander eveгybodʏ'd аll be in a better situation. To me, I know should plaϲe our attention more оn fitness and diet and free from being
always in front of the computer or cell
phone scгeen. Going outside (and not being glued to the
cell pһone all the wһile, either) and living life with
appreciation for the natural worlⅾ, helps people
feel sane and feeling joyous. Thinking aƄout key sսbjects is likewise an experience
that can help us make the discovery of self understanding.