Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Love Affair With Moda

I began my love affair with Moda fabrics about 8 years ago. Well, the love affair continues...

This past week I finished this quilt for Calico House in Yorba Linda, CA. I absolutely love this line of fabric. It's the Prairie Paisley Fabric from designers Minick and Simpson. You can read about these talented designers at Quilters Buzz here: Folk Artists.

Moda fabrics coordinate so well. Once a took a line of their fabrics, cut them up into 3 inch squares, put them all in a paper bag, shook the bag up, and randomly picked out square by square and sewed away! The quilt turned out lovely. You can't go wrong with these fabrics. They are soft and high quality.

I have a friend who makes all her quilts exclusively with Moda fabrics. We call her "The Moda Lady." I guess I'm "The Moda Lover!" This was one of those quilts that I was sad to finish. I enjoyed working on it very much!
Have a great day!

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love the Prairie Paisley line and your quilting on this is beautiful!

Kim West said...

I love moda fabrics also. I know when I order them online I am getting very good quality fabric. I don't use them exclusively, but it is darn close.

dee said...

I jopined the Keepsake Quilting Medley of the month a few years ago and I get a monthly shipment of fat quarters from Moda. I'm never disapointed with anything they send and it usually leads me into trouble by my wanting more in larger pieces. I've gotten some that I still haven't used and wish Ihad ordered additional yardage. Moda fabrics are worth every penny.

Suzanne said...

I love Moda too, and this quilt...very pretty. Your quilting always finishes the quilts nicely!

Suzanne

Kim said...

Awesome quilting!