Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Doing what I want to do VS. Doing what I have do


Doing what I have to do: About a year ago I made a nice tshirt quilt for my husband's boss. I gathered tshirts he had won in sport tournaments and since he is a Ford dealer, I also included fabrics I had collected that related to Fords. It came out really nice. But it was lots of work.



So then the son of my husband's boss asks me to make him one, but he wants it done in golf towels that he's collected throught the years. Great idea! (I thought!) Not fun piecing towels...especially thick velour ones! I just finished the piecing and am putting the backing together. There is lint everywhere! Poor "Poopie" doesn't like it. But she sure makes the quilt look cute!




Doing what I want to do: I just finished a customer's Carpenter's Star quilt. Loved it. Enjoyed it soooooo much. Much more fun than piecing towels!












4 comments:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

I love your detailed quilting! I am in awe! Someday perhaps I will get a longarm or at least get a chance to play with one. Your pictures show what can be acheived with one.

Jo Raines said...

Beautiful quilts. The owner of the quilt shop where I work just made a t-shirt quilt for a lady whose husband died. He was a Harley D. rider and had lots of those shirts. It was a sad but meaningful tribute. So sorry about your cousin's death. We lost my mother to cancer three years ago.

Samantha said...

The towels sound like quite a bit of hard work!

Anonymous said...

oooooh, I love your blog! The Ann Midgely quilt story is awesome. Your longarm quilting is beautiful. Love the T-shirt quilt and the towel quilt - I find myself doing things like that for people too... then wonder WHY???
My sympathy on your cousin's death.