Thursday, June 21, 2007

Learning from talented people.


On the last two quilts I worked on I was following a free-motion technique from Suzanne Earley, author of "Meandering Magic." I ordered my books directly from her website and asked her to autograph them. You know me, always looking for the quilting celebrities. ;-)

I got to meet Suzanne at MQS and she's super nice. She won a ribbon for her "Peppermint Ice Cream" quilt.

I enjoyed the meandering magic technique very much. Here's the first quilt I tried it on. It was a beautiful, huge collection of batiks. Required lots of hours and lots of thread. I got lots of practice on this king size beauty!

I love what I do!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love Suzanne's technique and it looks great on your quilt!

Suzanne Earley said...

Great feathers....

Anonymous said...

I love your feathersgoning to have to get that book also
Betty Peine

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

What a lovely quilt- perfectly enhanced by your meandering feathers! Great job.