Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I Live To Create

I have the best job in the world! I really do. I remember reading about an artist named Maria Kirk Mikkelsen, who said that she, "has no real hobbies because her satisfaction comes from her work -- she doesn't need anything else." Read about her at the blog, decor8.

I feel like that too. My hobby is my quilting. My quilting is my work.

Here are some recent quilts where I let the fabric in the quilt inspire me. So much fun!

And there's one for each of the next 3 months!


Halloween:


Thanksgiving:
Christmas:

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Vivian! They're all just beautiful! You are indeed lucky that you do what you love -- and it shows in your beautiful work!

Sarah said...

Beautiful!

dee said...

stunning work Vivian. I hope you're feeling better. From the looks of the fabulous quilting you are. I particularly love that in the Halloween piece-yummy!

Diane said...

I love them all!! I'll have to get you in touch with a friend of ours who just moved here from Virginia. She is a quilter too. She says she loves it. Fun hobby/job!

chq said...

What beautiful work you do!

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty quilts, Vivian! I really like how you quilted them.