Monday, December 3, 2007

How Funky is your Chicken?

Here's a yummy, 'funky' chicken recipe for you to try. A crazy mix of ingredients, but believe me, it's yummy. It's a family favorite at our house. And you just pop it into the crockpot, so you can get back to quilting!

1 jar (small) apricot preserves
1 small bottle (8 oz.) Russian salad dressing
1 packet onion soup mix
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Mix apricot preserves, salad dressing, and onion soup mix together in a bowl.
Note: My family are not big onion fans, so I take out most of the large onion bits out of the onion soup mix, before adding to mixture. That's just our personal preference. :)
Place chicken breasts in crockpot and cover with apricot/dressing/onion soup mixture. Put on high for 3-5 hours.
Here is the "Purse Dog" waiting patiently as the chicken cooks in the crockpot.
3-5 hours???
At least she's comfy in her winter sweater as she waits.
Oh, it's ready now? Finally!!! "Where's a morsel for me?"
Serve hot with white rice. That's how we like it! Yummy.

~~~~~
I'm off to Utah for a couple of days. I'm flying up for my nephew's wedding in American Fork, south of Salt Lake City. And I'm visiting Daughter #1 and her DH. They just bought their first home in Tremonton, north of Salt Lake City. Of course, I am bringing my warmest coat and gloves. I heard the forcasted temps are in the low 40's! Brrrrrr! That's freezing for an Orange County girl!

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh my gosh -- this looks wonderful! I'm always on the lookout for good crockpot recipes. Do you think it would work to cook it twice as long on low temps -- being gone all day I can't do the 3 - 5 hour thing. Have you been to Whimsy Cottage in Holliday (I'm sure that spelling is wrong) in UT? I love that place. Have a great trip!

Jo Raines said...

Looks yummy. I'm writing this down. By the way, I tagged you for meme but, par for my course, screwed it up in retyping so you may have to copy and paste from Weronica's blog where it is done correctly!!! sorry.

Zegi said...

Sounds yummy!!

Diane said...

Sounds really good. I'm always looking for new things to do with chicken. It seems to be a staple at our house.

So you're off to Utah huh? Have fun! We were there for Thanksgiving. I think my great grandfather was the first sheriff of Tremonton. My grandparents are buried there. I remember going there when I was a little girl. You couldn't blink or you'd miss it back then. I'm sure that has changed....but maybe not?! Have a great time and give the kids a hug from us!