Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Road to The Road to California



Here's a picture of the quilt one of my customers entered into the Road to California quilt show.


If you look closely there is a big tree quilted in this quilt. It's kinda hard to see because I didn't want to detract from the beautiful hand applique work my customer did on those rings. I did my job and quilted it as my customer requested. It's not my personal style and is a bit more 'artsy' than I usually do, but it was an honor to have my work in such a huge quilt show. No, it didn't win any ribbons, but just to be accepted to the Road to California quilt show was quite a big deal for my customer. It was for her daughter's wedding and she just loved it. Now it's on it's way to Chicago to be it's permanent home there.


And if you look closely, there on the right is me! I made sure I was in the picture, but had Daughter #2 take a picture of my good side only!

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

Are the circles meant to represent tree rings? and that is why she had a tree quilted on it?