Here I am on the left circa 1960's with my big sister Vickie. I don't think I was really hurt as it might look. I think I was just playing with the bandaids...always trying to get attention!
Anyway, I am finally feeling like my 'ol self.
What I learned from being sick with "The Super Bug" ...
1. Never dab your lipstick with Kleenex Anti-Viral tissues. Yuck!
2. Movies can pass the time. (Movie: Daughter #2 recommended "Across The Universe."
I give it 2 thumbs up! I enjoyed it very much since I was raised on The Beatles and it includes many of my favorite tunes! I also loved it because it reminded me of The Who's "Tommy"...reality, fantasy, and great music.)
3. BravoTV can help pass the time. (I watched shows like Project Runway, Real Housewives of NYC, and Tim Gunn's Guide to Style...I'm hooked!)
4. Don't get sick when it's Girl Scout Cookie time. (You don't want to know how many I ate!)
5. Quilt a little to make yourself feel better. (I only made this little fleece baby quilt all week.)6. Take your antibiotics as instructed! (that should be #1!)
8. Have a napping friend like The Purse Dog.
9. Be patient.
10. Remember "this too shall pass." And it did. Now, it's time to get back to work!
Here's one I finished just before I got sick:I did some "faux" McTavishing. I really don't know how to do it, so I just wing it! It's my version of it.
This was a 'Saturday Sampler' from Leah's Fabric Gallery in Orange, CA. I like the fabric colors the customer picked.
Sorry, it didn't get a full-view shot of the quilt. It was huge. Here it is all folded up ready to take to my customer. Hey, wait a minute! Who got in the photo again? My silly Purse Dog!