Monday, March 24, 2008

Class Is In Session


"Boy, what a life...what I wouldn't give to just lay around all day!"
...Sometimes people are busier than we think!

Since I was out for a couple of weeks with the flu and hardly did any quilting, I'm busy trying to get caught up. I don't like to make my customers wait too long. I know how it feels to piece a quilt and be anxious to get it completed. I used to send my quilts out and I couldn't wait for the longarmer to call and tell me they were done.

Oh, I wish I could show you the quilts I'm working on these days. But they are "Top Secret." I'm doing a number of quilts for Calico House, a local quilt shop in Placentia, CA, that will be presented soon. When I can post the pictures I took, you'll see. They are gorgeous! I'm amazed at the fabrics the designers are coming out with. Awesome!

Pictured: class samples, my sketch pad and my photo album.

My freemotion quilting class I taught last Sat. at Cranberry Quiltworks went very well. Each and every class I teach I come home and tell my husband, "Now that was the best class ever!" So I guess the classes are getting better and better. The ladies I taught all had a number of years experience quilting on their longarms, so it ran very smoothly. I hope they learned things that were beneficial to them. I had a great time. I love teaching...which to me is easy, because all I'm really doing is sharing!

This class sample was quite appropriate for Easter. It's a printed panel of Peter Rabbit that I quilted with many fun techniques I teach.


The bag I created for the Amy Butler contest.

No, The Purse Dog and I didn't win the Amy Butler Sew Inspiring contest. The winner was announced on Mar. 12th. Oh well, I enjoyed making this bag anyway. It's not very often I get to sit at my sewing machine and sew! I'm thinking about making some more to sell on Etsy....in my spare time! What's that?

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Aha! You must be the Vivian that Sharon met on Saturday. I was going to ask her if it was you, but I thought ... naw, it's just a coincidence LOL. The bag is beautiful -- especially with the Purse dog in it!

Janet said...

I love the picture of the dog in the purse! The purse looks great too!