Tuesday, December 2, 2008

How Do You Do That, Vivian? Vol. 2

What was that thing I did on the Man's Quilt? Would you like to know? What's the Man's Quilt? Read about it here: "You Can Tell A Lot About A Man..."

Every now and then I take pictures of some of the techniques I teach in my freemotion machine quilting classes. Read about the last one I shared here: "How Do You Do That, Vivian?"
So, here's another fun technique:

It's similar to the Terry Twist, developed by Sally Terry, but not exactly. It's kind of my own style of it. Another machine quilter showed me her version of it once and now I call mine Vivian's "faux" Terry Twist. As I tell my freemotion machine quilting students, try to develop your own style. Remember my "faux" McTavishing? How about my "faux" trapunto? Is Vivian Love "faux" real???

Ok, here you go...it's super easy...just do this:

Step One:

Step Two:

Step Three:

Step Four:

See, What'd I tell you? Easy! Try in sometime! Have a great day, blogging friends!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

I love it when you tell us "how you do that". You're such a beautiful quilter. When I grow up, I want a long arm and your talent!!!